Monday, February 9, 2009

334 lbs.

Well, I was dreading it this morning. But, I weighed in at 334. That's 2 lbs since Friday. I think I lost a lot on Saturday. I along with 3 great men went to Paragould, AR to help with the cleanup after the ice storm that went through there a few weeks ago. I got to wield a chainsaw all day. Lots of damage and lots of opportunity to be of service to those fine folk. We worked at four homes and removed damage from almost 30 trees.

Whenever, the church does service, they hand out a t-shirt to all the volunteers. It is bright yellow and has "Mormon Helping Hands" printed on the back and front. Think of it as free advertisement I guess. "Hey look, Mormons aren't so weird after all."

The one thing I was dreading on the trip up there was the t-shirt. I currently wear a 4XLT and I knew there was no way they were going to have that size waiting on me when I got there. Turns out, the biggest they had was a 2X. Funny thing though. I stretched it a little before putting it on and what do you know. It fit...sortof. It was too short and a little tight across the midsection but it was comfortable. It didn't bring back memories of "Tommy Boy"...the "fat guy in a little coat" scene. In any case, we were so busy I didn't have time to think about it too much.

114 lbs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment