Monday, February 16, 2009

331 lbs.

Lets see...where to begin. Oh, yes. 331 baby! I have been consistently losing 3 lbs per week for the last 3 weeks. I really hope I can keep up that pace. I have learned that the rule "Dieting is 80% about eating and 20% about exercise" is absolutely correct. Before this dieting journey, there were times when I would have myself convinced that I could have something (cheat) if I worked out harder later. That is B.S. my friend.

I am not trying to discount exercise though. So don't get me wrong. Exercise builds muscle. Muscle burns fat. We all know this. But, exercise has had another effect on me that I didn't realize until now. I have a very stressful job and my calling at church is also stressful. Exercise gives me a release from that stress. Where I would normally eat as a way to deal with the stress, now I sort of "channel" it through my exercising. And because the exercising alleviates the stress, I don't feel the need to eat (read cheat here) and I lose more weight. I think this is key to the reason I am averaging 3 lbs per week. My concern now is pushing myself to get stronger and faster without injuring myself. My knees seem to creak a little more but as I lose the weight I am hoping they can catch up.

111 lbs. to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment